Olivenhain  was  founded by a colony of German families who settled on a tract of land called Rancho Las Encinitas “little oak trees”‘ in 1884. The name Olivenhain means “olive grove.” The old Olivenhain town hall is still used for community meetings and social events today.  

Heart of the Community | The Olivenhain Meeting Hall stands strong as the gathering place for colony descendents and local residents. Click here to read a great article about the Olivenhain Town Hall